Monday 3 January 2011

on Hollywood Road

I think I'm as excited about the new residential development by Blake's in Hong Kong as I am about the new year!

226 Hollywood Road in the old neighbourhood Sheung Wan (just west of Central) was designed by British designer Ilse Crawford and is a refreshing change from the usual character-less high rise apartments this city usually has to offer. This development is unique in many ways - not only are the apartments of reasonable size, the entire project has been designed in a way that retains some sense of the local neighbourhoods original character. And what a neighbourhood! The building is just down the road from the fabulous Press Room (a favorite brunch spot of mine) and the new kid on the block - Duecentotto. No wonder the apartments have sold already!












Oh, and I love the bathrooms too. Grey marble and gold taps. Brilliant.


Happy 2011 to you all!

6 comments:

Scott Waterman said...

Love that black on black.

mary said...

Hope that you had a wonderful holiday--glad to see that you are back.

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

I'm glad to see a new and fabulous post!

Great job!

xo


Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Unknown said...

do you know how big the apts. are and how much they sold for ??? Not that I could/would afford just curious....

Suzy said...

Hi Gina, the apts were 1280-1450 sq ft each (1 per floor)...have no idea what they sold for...but I'm guessing more than I could afford too!

Unknown said...

I travel to HK all the time...I love to eat at the Press Room... right down from there!!